Friday, February 2, 2007

Thoughts from Roo's Dad

Thanks to everyone who has posted! This is a very exciting time for us and we are very happy to be sharing our experience with our friends and family. Being the male in this situation has been exciting and humbling. While I am excited to be a Dad its very hard to watch Keira go through her "morning" sickness. I don't seem to help b/c all the foods I like to eat make her feel more nausea when she smells them. I really need to change my diet and replace Buffalo Wings and Orange Chicken with more benign smelling dishes like rice cakes or air :) She really hates needles too. I can't help but feel a little responsible for having to go through all this. Thanks again to everyone who posts/reads our blog!

2 comments:

Monkey said...

Hey J-Dad - Let me give you some advice, because I've been through this a couple of times before...don't tell the Bunny.

-monkey

Dr. The Bird Man said...

Roup,
There were days when I felt I could do nothing right. Pregnancy certainly is a humbling experience for a male. I wracked my brain thinking about how something like morning sickness could have evolved. Its existence seems to be strong evidence against both intelligent design and evolution by natural selection. Good luck with the next few weeks. My advice, stay away from onions, eggs and peanut-butter. Also, just cause she tolerated the smell yesterday doesn't mean she can tolerate it today.
-Conor