Friday, June 15, 2007

off with her hair!

a few months ago i realized how long my hair was getting. i wasn't growing it out specifically, just too busy to go get a haircut. instead of sucking it up an getting it cut, i decided to keep growing it out until it was long enough to donate to locks of love. i figured i'd let it grow until roo was born and then chop it off. but my hair has been driving me crazy lately. it's just way too thick to have long. and hot when it's 97 degrees and humid. last weekend i measured my ponytail to make sure i had the necessary 10 inches and i did. off with it! jeremy and i went to get haircuts on sunday, but all the places close early on sundays so no haircut for me. today after work i decided to go for it. it's gone! my hair is pretty short now - as short as it has been since second grade when becky got gum in her hair so mom gave us all boy-cuts so she didn't have to deal with that again. (roo did not like the blow dryer - it kicked me the entire time she was drying my hair!) had to use my cell phone to take the pic of the ponytail before they sent it off to locks of love so it's not the greatest quality but you get the idea. i hope the hair that was driving me crazy makes some little bald kid very happy :)

4 comments:

Carey said...

Good for you! Can't wait to see your new hair-do next weekend.

JoyceTheMom said...

So, where's the AFTER photo of the new hair cut? Or do you have to wait til someone's around to snap one? Can't wait to see....and congrats on getting it long enough to donate - that's wonderful!

Dr. The Bird Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. The Bird Man said...

Good Work! I have always wanted to do that.