Monday, July 23, 2007

admit me???

had a doctor's appointment this morning. i handed over my jug of pee, which i was happy to see go. when you have to pee 12 billion times a day it is no fun to lug a pee-catcher and a cooler with jug of pee around every where with you. plus since we were out and about yesterday, i had to set up the pee-catching contraption in a gas station bathroom - gross. we started with a non-stress test today since i guess i have now been classified as a high(er?) risk pregnancy with the high blood pressure. we passed with no issues - yeah roo! found these which explain what's going on pretty well: i either have gestational hypertension or preeclampsia. got my first vitamin b12 shot - that will be fun to do monthly! blood pressure was a little high today, but at least the new doctor finally(!!!) has my records from richmond so she can see for herself that my bp was fine prior to getting up here to boston! the results from the 24-hour urine test should be back some time this afternoon. fingers crossed for good news, because there were several mentions of admitting me today if there was still protein in the pee. don't feel ready to be checked into the hospital yet. haven't even started packing my hospital bag, haven't washed roo's potential coming-home-from-the-hospital outfits, haven't installed the car seat bases... i did order a fun new bag from lands end to use as a hospital bag and had it monogrammed "roo" :) hopefully it gets here before roo does!!! so now just anxiously awaiting the phone call about my pee :)

No comments: