Monday, July 16, 2007

uh oh spaghetti-o's

so jeremy and i just got back from our first official appointment in mass. roo thoroughly enjoyed the train ride in. it seems to love all the beeps the train makes - kicking me every time! my records from richmond didn't make it there yet (way to be on the ball richmond doctor's office) so we pretty much had to start from scratch. my blood pressure was pretty high today - the first time it has been anything but good this whole pregnancy. they took it again a second time a little while later - it was lower but still on the high side, especially compared to where it has been during my previous visits. the b-word was mentioned (bed rest) so that's not good. have to go back on thursday and monday to have my bp checked again to see if it stays elevated. it's not like i'm completely stressed or anything ;) but preeclampsia is always a worry. other symptoms include protein in the urine (guess we'll find out soon how my pee checks out) and swelling in the feet, hands, and face. my feet are obviously swollen all the time and my hands and face have been tingly, though not noticeably swollen. hopefully i am just paranoid at this point. what's funny is i always thought that bed rest would be freaking awesome, but when actually confronted with it, not so much :) roo also appears to be tracking big still so we're going in for an ultrasound on thursday too to see just how big we're talking. and since they didn't have my records and were worried about the whole vitamin b12 deficiency, guess who got to give another 6 vials of blood today???? yup. me. at least this time the lab peeps listened to me and went straight for the hand. they were a little skeptical, but did it anyway. good old hand vein pulled through as always and pumped out the 6 vials (including 2 massive ones!) in record time.

2 comments:

Carey said...

I am glad they listened to you on the hand, but I hope you don't have to go on bed rest!

Dr. The Bird Man said...

This all sounds soooo stressful. good luck to you guys.