Tuesday, September 18, 2007

belly envy

i went to the doctor yesterday for my 6 week check-up. everything is fine. my doctor even gave me a prescription for something that will increase my milk supply, which has been very low since i was sick several weeks ago. yeah! while sitting in the waiting room, i looked around and saw all the soon to be mommies with their big round bellies (and there were some really big ones!) it made me so sad. i miss my big belly. don't get me wrong - i adore quentin and absolutely do not want the grossly swollen feet and ankles, the heartburn, the back aches, the nausea, and the general crabbiness back. just the belly. and the stretchy elastic waisted pants!!! in other news, quentin is grandma-less for the first time in over a week following the overlapping grandma visits. he definitely misses their constant doting. mommy dotes but not as much since she has to unpack and set up a whole house. :) now he is anxiously awaiting when he gets to meet aunt leah and aunt becky in a few days! quentin also took his first train ride yesterday. since we all needed to be in the city (me to the doctor, jeremy to work, and his mom to the airport) we took the commuter rail in. got some weird looks from the commuters - don't think they see someone hauling an infant carrier on the train every day. Q enjoyed it thoroughly. then he got to ride the subway from south station to the hospital stop. jeremy did very well holding the car seat amid the typical rush hour hoard of people. no one seemed to really care that he was holding an infant. he got pushed and shoved as much as the rest of us, and even swatted at by an old man when jeremy accidentally bumped against him when the train lurched. but on both rides, nice ladies eventually gave up their seats so that jer could set Q down. good times.

3 comments:

Leah said...

As someone who takes public transportation every day, they are not much nicer to big fat pregnant ladies either. I love when people avert their eyes so they can pretend that they don't see me and then don't have to feel bad about not giving me a seat.

EG said...

I never got to see your big belly! We want pictures!

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean about belly envy!!! especially after the 1st one, i wanted the baby but i also loved the big belly :-) (no comment on having babies AND a big belly!)