Thursday, November 15, 2007

well... part two

things are not looking so great for me to be able to stay with capital one. i have not heard back from the HR guy about the potential not-yet-created role that they maybe might consider me for. so i am making one last ditch effort to stay with the company. i have contacted the HR rep for my former team. i spoke with her this morning about my situation. she spoke with the HR guy up here yesterday and said that he hopes to get back to me by the end of the week. i'm not expecting good news. with money being so tight these days, creating new roles does not happen fast. i am fully expecting the "we'd love to hire you, but can't right now. try again in a few months." yeah, i can afford to not work for a few months and just wait. HR girl is also going to help me explore any flexible work arrangements that would allow me to work from home. i know they exist, but are pretty rare so i am not getting my hopes up. i think my day tomorrow will have to be spent brushing up ye olde resume, registering for monster.com, and just seeing what is out there. fun! on a completely unrelated note, a flock of wild turkeys ran through our yard this morning. i live in the country now!

1 comment:

Leah said...

www.spencerstuart.com. Seriously. you may not qualify for a CEO search or anything but that is a much classier place to post your resume. Also, less spam.