Friday, December 7, 2007

something old, something new...

i'm so excited. i just sent my wedding dress here to be fashioned into a christening gown for quentin and any future babies. i had gotten my dress preserved after our wedding in case a daughter or someone in the future wanted to wear it, but i realized that was unlikely. i didn't want to wear my mother's dress - i wanted to pick my own. chances are, my future daughter (assuming i even have one!) would want to pick her own as well. this way it will become a special family heirloom and can be used over and over, rather than sit in a box, taking up precious space in my tiny closet for the rest of time! i can probably use the scraps for fun stuff too - tooth fairy pillows, handkerchiefs or ring bearer pillows for quentin's wedding, etc. the lady does beautiful work and i can't wait to see what she can do with mine!

No comments: