Thursday, May 8, 2008

if a lemon gets rear-ended, does it make lemonade?

i was getting off at my exit on the mass pike this morning when i heard a terrible crunching noise and my car lurched a bit. for a second, i thought my car was blowing up. it's a lemon and prone to doing that at the most inconvenient times. but then i realized that i had been rear-ended. i pulled off to the side and so did the lady behind me. my heart was racing and she was very apologetic. fortunately we were in the "fastlane" (massachusetts EZ-pass) which ironically is always the slowest toll lane on the pike so she wasn't going more than 15-20 when she hit me. plus i think she was slowing down, and just underestimated the space between the two cars. the mexican jetta is surprisingly resilient and there's not a ding or dent on her. so they can't install wiring properly but they install a mean plastic bumper! scared me to death but we're all ok. this is this closest thing to an accident i've ever been in!

No comments: