Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Offer Accepted

After 14 long and painful months on the market, we finally got an offer today and accepted! Our second realtor, who was been wonderful, called yesterday for his usual Monday update. This week we had two showings but Monday night the house was to be shown two more times, one of which was a second visit. We were just happy someone was willing to come back and take a look. I was at work on the wards today when I thought I felt my phone ringing and I saw it was from Kerry, the realtor. For the past 8 months Kerry has only called on Mondays with updates except when we got the crappy offer a couple of months ago so I was hoping he had good news. He did, he had received an offer on the house. Now as you may know, we recently lowered the price to our rock bottom listing price which was set dangerously close to our break even point. I was wholly expecting the offer to be something like 20Gs below the list price but I was pleasantly surprised at the number and thought we had a good chance at accepting an offer. After talking with Kerry and Keira, we made a counteroffer that was fair. They responded with their own counter which we gladly accpeted tonight. Just a few more hurdles to jump and we will finally be down to one mortgage :)

6 comments:

KV said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!!!

EG said...

Congratulations! I hope all the next steps go smoothly!

Leah said...

Yaaaay!

Carey said...

Super Duper! :)

ted said...

Congrats!

crankymommy said...

AWESOME!!! I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out!