Tuesday, September 9, 2008

the magic number

as of yet, i have not determined my sleep number. and in fact, i am substantially disappointed in the bed. it is very lumpy and the mechanism that makes it softer or firmer is very loud. maybe i just have a dud. it is a hotel bed, so perhaps it has taken a beating. the first night i started at fifty, and went all the way up to 100, because i thought i liked a firmer mattress. but it was not enjoyable - it felt like there were elbows sticking out of the mattress in jabbing me in all kinds of uncomfortable ways. i then tried going down to 10, which left a sinkhole in the bed. i ended the night at 20, which was where i felt the fewest number of elbows. then last night, i tried 50, but even though it was 2 a.m. and i was super tired i had to go back to 20 to fall asleep. i have three more nights to keep playing with it, but as of now, i am not a fan, sleepnumber bed.

1 comment:

EG said...

I used one of those once. I spent too much time thinking, "45. No, 42 is a little better. It's firm. Is it too firm? Let's try 30. Okay, that's squishier. Is it too squishy?" I just overanalyzed my own preferences entirely too much.

I didn't have the mechanical elbows problem, though. That might be a hotel bed problem.