Friday, June 3, 2011

froggy friends

i was emailing with a coworker earlier.  she and i started at the same time and were in the same orientation class last month.  yesterday i realized that her son is in Q's class.  this was our exchange:

 

Me: How has your first month been?  I think one of your boys is in my son's class!

 

Her: My first month was great…thanks :) Are you Quentin's mom?

 

Me: Yup :)

 

Her: My boys just started school last week.  The very first day Kareem came home, he told me that Quentin was his best friend and he loved Quentin more than he loved me!  It's funny how kids can bond so much and so fast :)  The past week he kept telling me Quentin this and Quentin that.  I doubt if he ever plays with other kids in his class :)

 

how adorable is that??  it's really funny to me because Q is a bit shy and reserved with other kids.  and he's so independent – he is totally ok with playing in the corner by himself in his own little world.  i wonder if that makes him more approachable to the new kids, because this is not the first time i have heard this same story from other parents.

No comments: