Sunday, April 15, 2012

don't look now, the threes are here

i think i had blocked the threes out of my mind. but it's all coming back now. my sweet caroline is still mostly sweet. but boy oh boy does she have a whiny/bratty streak, as evidenced by this conversation this morning:
...........................................................................
(the part of caroline should be read with the whiniest 2-year-old voice you can imagine)
  • me: would you like cereal for breakfast?
  • caroline: nooooooooooooooooooooooo. (brief pause) i want ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeal.
  • me: ok, how do you ask nicely?
  • caroline: pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. i don't want ceeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeal.
  • me: ok
  • caroline: (starting to cry) i am huuuuuuuuuuungry. i want ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeereal.
  • me: you really want cereal?
  • caroline: nooooooooooooooooo. (brief pause) yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees.

No comments: