Monday, June 18, 2007

dam it!

went to the doctor this morning... he's concerned about my anemia because my hemoglobin level has dropped since the last blood test in january (was 11.1 in january, and was 9.4 two weeks ago.) normal range for an adult female is 12-16. so that means i have to give another blood sample at my next appointment in 2 weeks so we can keep an eye on it. i thought i was done giving blood. hopefully i won't come close to passing out next time.
-
better news - after two straight appointments having gained 5 pounds from the previous visit i did not gain anything since the last appointment 2 weeks ago. after the massive loss during the first few months, i'm only about +5 pounds from my original pre-prego weight. i needed to gain some weight, but we didn't want to keep up the pace of 5 pounds each time!
-
otherwise everything is looking good. my blood pressure is good, the baby's heart rate is good, and my belly is roughly the right size.
-
my next appointment is in two weeks and will probably be my last one in richmond - gotta get on with finding a doctor in boston!!!

No comments: