Monday, July 2, 2007

105 hours = <10 dollars per hour

So I made it through my first week of residency. I logged 105 hours. When you break that down, it's less than 10 dollars an hour. Anywho, it was brutal. I'm on the surgery service which is not much fun. However, I switch to a new more laid back rotation in a little over a week, so that's not bad. The good news is that the surgery service travels all over the hospital so I got to see where Roo will be born! Very exciting! I can't wait! In other news, life away from home is very hard. I miss the fam a lot but will get to see them in about 10 days or so. That is going to be awesome. Well, i gotta run I'm supposed to be watching a surgery but there is really nowhere for me to get a good view so i am pretending to follow-up on some lab results. hehehe. talk to everyone later!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Monkeys! You are being worked like a dog - and I, for one, think you deserve it. Hah!

What is this average over 4 weeks crap? If you worked 100 hours one week, 105 the next, and for arguments sake 80 hours in the 3rd...you'd have to work only 35 hours in the fourth. And then you'd be me...

It was funny - I called you a week or two ago - you picked up and immediately hung up. I took that for the universal - I'm busy as hell and can't talk now and/or I have to spleens in my hand and I can't remember who's is who's.

Anyway - keep your chin up brother. I'll talk to you later...

Monks

kiwi said...

i love that you have had 11 years of mucho pricy education to make the same hourly wages as a burger flipper :)

long term investment, right? ;)

Unknown said...

Check out this Slate article on standardized patients...

http://www.slate.com/id/2169480/nav/tap1/