Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Father of the Year?

Unfortunately, not right now. Sunday morning I got up to feed Quentin and noticed my throat felt a little scratchy. This had me worried because Mr. Bard had been dealing with a sinus infection. All day Sunday, I had a runny nose but it felt like bad allergies. Then it happened, it was like I was hit by a ton of bricks. I started hacking, had a thick mucousy snot, and chills and aches. At about 8PM I told Keira I was going to lie down and then didn't get out of bed until almost noon yesterday. When I did get up, i felt a little better and helped out with the boy for most of the day. Last evening again, I felt horrid again. I literally had the aches so bad I felt like I was in pain. I haven't felt this sick for almost a year and half. Keira will tell you that I can be a little "dramatic" when I don't feel well, but this time was different. I truly felt KO'd. Hopefully, Keira and Quentin do not get this. I just feel awful because I have to go back to work tomorrow and have been no help to Keira and haven't been able to spend a lot of time with my son :( It just really hurts.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

you're too hard on yourself jer. parents are human too (even though i never thought so growing up :) ) and you are allowed to get sick.

take care of yourself so you can take care of your beautiful wife and baby.

xoxo

Dr. The Bird Man said...

Yeah Jeremy...hang in there. People get sick...especially people under as much stress as you two have been. Go easy on yourself, and just do the best you can.