Tuesday, January 15, 2008

a return to normalcy

i took another good step towards life as i once knew it today by starting back to work in the actual office. i think i am really going to like my new job, though it is daunting since it's completely different than my previous roles. once i learn a little more about the business up here i should be good to go! i sure do miss my old commute, where i could get up at 8:15, shower, take the dogs out, and still get to work by 9. i got to the office right at 9 today, but i had to get up at 5:15 to do it. at least i'm not getting up at 4 like jeremy! and if anyone has any ideas for entertaining myself in the car for 3-4 hours a day, they are appreciated!! the news radio station is good to listen to, but they repeat the same few stories over and over and over. that's gonna get old quick! :)

3 comments:

Carey said...

You can get books on CD from the library, so you could listen to a new book every day! I love my Sirius radio (especially the Martha Stewart channel but they have tons of talk channels).

EG said...

Yep, audio books. For my once-a-week commute I listen to audio books from the library.

crankymommy said...

Another vote for books on tape (or cd). They saved me when I was traveling for work (mostly by car) and teaching an hour away. Most public libraries have a really good selection.