Friday, January 30, 2009

16 week appointment

i went to the doctor on monday for my 16-week appointment. my regular doctor was not there so i had a different dude. it shouldn't have mattered because these appointments generally take 10 minutes: pee, scale, blood pressure, listen to the heartbeat, done. however, i lost another 4 pounds from my last appointment, putting me down 10 since my 1st appointment (and 13 since i found out i was pregnant.) i was actually surprised because i knew i had been feeling better and eating more - i expected to have posted a gain. but i am not worried about this because the same thing happened when i was pregnant with Q because of all the nausea and vomiting. i lost 20 something pounds with him and then gained it all back and more by the end. there is nothing to worry about. but new doctor did not seem comfortable. he actually asked me in a rather accusatory manner, "are you trying to lose weight?" and he didn't seem to believe me when i declared it was due to the excessive nausea. i am also eating healthier than i do when not knocked up because pizza and fried foods, normally among my faves, absolutely disgust me right now. so the doc thinks i am some sort of pregorexic and is making me come back in in two weeks for a weigh in. lovely. in other news, i no longer have a job. i will resist posting bitter rants about how cruel this is to do to someone who is pregnant. fortunately, the severance package is quite nice so we don't have to stress about it for a while.

2 comments:

crankymommy said...

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear you are a victim of the economy...

So are you staying home with Q now? You'll have to post letting us know how it is!

kiwi said...

that's life! my current plan is to stay home until the new baby comes and then get out and find a job as quickly as possible afterwards. unfortunately, doctor-in-training salaries are not enough to support an ever-expanding family, so i am going to enjoy this time while i can!!