Friday, May 15, 2009

roo-2: 32 weeks

oh baby! 8 weeks until due date, 4 weeks until Q-date (i.e. when this kid will be born if it follows quentin's early lead.) still feeling pretty good. it's nice that it hasn't gotten hot here yet. however, i must be huge because the sympathy looks have started and no one believes that i have two months to go. - we go for our next appointment and another ultrasound on monday so we'll get a sense for how large this roo is. also, according to a random spanish-speaking lady at the clearance rack at baby gap (via translation by her daughter) roo-2 is a girl because my belly is high and round. of course some random person yesterday told me i was carrying very low. so who knows! - from babycenter.com: -
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

2 comments:

EG said...

Last week, right around the 7 month mark, I had people at work saying, "I had no idea you're pregnant!" We must carry our kids very differently.

I think now there's not much doubt, though.

Glad you're still feeling good!

EG said...

Oh, PS, I've heard that carrying like a basketball, high and round, is a boy. And I carried Will VERY high. Even when I was in labor he was in my ribs.

Carrying like a watermelon, low and round, is a girl. And if your butt spreads it's a girl. We know this one is a boy, but I think my butt is spreading. Could be the french fries.