Tuesday, July 27, 2010

that was easy.

since pickle turned one, i was starting to think about weaning. she hadn't been nursing nearly as often as she once did, but she would still do it 2-4 times a day. during the last stages of the packing and moving, i sent the kids to my parents' house to get them out of the way / protect them from the horrors of seeing their belongings packed up. i sent tons of baggies of frozen mommy moo along for caroline and then tried to pump while she was gone. but i got nothing. i've run dry. my guess is that she's been humoring me for a while and using nursing as a soother and not a means of food consumption. i thought she would at least want to return for the soothing when we were reunited. i've been back with her for over a week and nothing. she has shown zero interest... no tugging at my shirt or latching on my chin. she's done with me. i have to admit. i am pretty sad. i am glad we aren't going through a painful weaning process but i kinda hoped she'd maybe humor me for a little longer. oh well.

1 comment:

EG said...

I know a mom who allegedly weaned her 1-year-old baby but she (the mom, not the baby) missed it so much she was sneaking up at night and nursing him.

I'm glad nursing went so well the second time! You're a hope to all the moms who had trouble with their #1.