Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hockadon

As we were getting out of the car this morning, Q was pointing behind me and saying, "Look! A hockodon! A hockadon."  Since it helps to look for some context when trying to translate Q into English, I turned around to see what the heck he could be talking about.  But didn't see anything that I could even remotely consider close to hockadon, just the road and a couple of office buildings.  But he was insistent and kept repeating, "a hockadon!  A hockadon!"  Finally, he said, "it's red. It has S and T and O and P."

 

Octagon.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I would have got that one right away. Calder likes putting random Hs in front of words that start with O. Hoctagon. Hoctopus. Hopitmus Prime. It's like there's a tiny little Cockney man living at my house.